Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sticky Boy!

I know I said that my Open House artwork would be in my next post, but I just listened to a conference call from Close To My Heart which mentions "Sticky Boy", and I just had to share the story (and the video!). No, I'm not talking about my son after having had an ice cream cone. I'm talking about the elusive, and totally adorable, Close To My Heart "mascot", Sticky Boy! Evidently, this image used to be part of a CTMH stamp set called "What's Up". Long after it was retired, "Sticky Boy", as he became known, returned as the My Acrylix "test subject". Please go to the following link to view the hilarious testing video of Sticky Boy and My Acrylix stamps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrfRjEOncBw.

Since his resurrection in 2004 with the introduction of My Acrylix stamp sets, it has been a fun and very competitive tradition to search for Sticky Boy stamps during the course of Close To My Heart events - particularly Convention. I had attended 3 Conventions without finding a single one. Then this year, I ended up finding two! It's like a right-of-passage to find one of these babies - it was so exciting! (It's the little things, you know?) Here are my prized Sticky Boys:

Speaking of PRIZES, watch for an upcoming post where you can get a prize of your own - and it's SO easy! But, next up will be that Open House artwork I promised you...it's taken me a little longer than I thought to photograph it all! But that's next!

Until then, Happy National Stamping Month! Keep on Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment