Wednesday, February 5, 2014

More Jewelry Options from Close To My Heart!

I'm so excited that February is finally here! I have had my new products from the brand new Spring-Summer 2014 Idea Book for several weeks, just itching to share them with you! For this blog post, I will focus on my new favorite products - new additions to the Base & Bling line: Pendants, Chain, Charms, Glass Covers, and Style Sheets. The chain, pendants (both round and square) and charms come in both faux antiqued silver and faux antiqued gold. There are currently 5 different themes of charms available, and four different style sheets. Here is what I got for myself:
I just loved the colors and patterns of the "Dreamer Style Sheet". I also chose to work with the "Square Pendants" in the silver color and the "Rhinestone" charms. Here's how to use these cool products to create a fun necklace. Start by getting out your materials:
Next you will choose one of the fun squares from the Style Sheet to place on the inside of your pendant. I used this colorful chevron pattern, and also used the tip of my bone folder to make sure the square was securely and evenly fastened to the pendant (the Style Sheet images are self-adhesive):
Ooo, it's cool already! But there's one more thing to add - a glass cover! To adhere that to the pendant, I used the clear choice - Liquid Glass. Use enough to cover the square when spread around with the tip of the bottle (the first one that I did, I just filled the square with Liquid Glass - it was WAY too much!!!):
Then gently place the Glass Cover on top and tap it down until the Liquid Glass spreads evenly underneath (you will be able to see where there are bubbles that need pressing out):
That's it! Now just wait for this to dry, slip it onto your chain with your charm(s), and wear proudly!
These are so easy and fun to make. And each package of pendants comes with three for only $4.95 (U.S.). You only need one chain, because you can change the pendants in and out on the same one. What surprised me was how thick the Glass Covers are! Check out the profile:
I immediately made the other two pendants in the package:
Then I decided to experiment with other things for my second package of three. I used a postage stamp from last Christmas (how cute!), and two photos from our latest cruise:
After they dried, and for the first couple of days, these looked fantastic. But when I went to take a picture of the three of them (several days to a week after I made them), I noticed that the two I had put photos into were covered with bubbles beneath the glass. I can only conclude that this had something to do with a reaction the Liquid Glass had with either the photo paper or the ink that I used to print the pictures (they were printed by me at home). I also considered that I had not let the photos themselves dry long enough before using them. I am curious to know if I would have the same result with photos that were commercially processed...but I have used up all of the pendants that I had, so I will have to wait to test that one!

This was so fun! Next week I will be showing you three cards I created using two of the newest paper packs! I can't wait to show you!









No comments:

Post a Comment