Wednesday, February 12, 2014

NEW Spring-Summer 2014 Idea Book!


I had a lot of fun last month at my friend Julie’s crop (thank you, Julie!). I was able to break out my BRAND NEW products from the Close To My Heart Spring-Summer 2014 Idea Book! My two FAVORITE new paper packs are “Ariana” and “Lollydoodle”. I also really liked the look of the “Ariana Complements” and the “Ariana Assortment”, so I got those as well. I had fun creating! Here are the three cards that I completed at the crop:
This card uses the “Wishes Card Confidence Program”. It is the “Long Layers” pattern (6” x 3”) pictured on page 81 of the book. I used the “Ariana” paper packet and Compliments, as well as Slate Polka-Dot Washi Tape. With the Washi Tape, I adhered a length of it to a strip of white cardstock, then pleated it and adhered it to another strip of white cardstock for stability. I then layered it behind the “Smile” chipboard Compliment. I just love what it adds to the overall look!
This next card also uses the “Ariana” paper pack (love these patterns!) along with the “Ariana Assortment” (adorable self-adhesive bows!), Gold Polka-Dot Washi Tape, Smoothie Striped Washi Tape, and the “For a Friend” stamp set. The pattern comes from “Make it From Your Heart – Volume 1”, page 44, Pattern 23. Again, with the Gold Polka-Dot Washi Tape, I adhered a piece to white cardstock, then cut the piece in half and dove-tailed the ends to create two pieces of faux ribbon. I love this card because I was able to showcase every one of the paper pack’s six different patterns.
For this last card, I used the “Lollydoodle” paper pack, White Daisy Die-Cut Cards, “Art Philosophy” Cricut Cartridge, “Framework Alphabet” stamp set, Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape, Teal Shimmer Trim, Scallop Border Punch, Sweet Leaf Exclusive Inks marker, and Sparkles – Black & Grey Assortment. This pattern also comes from “Make it From Your Heart – Volume 1”, page 47, Pattern 29. After cutting the white cardstock shape from the “Art Philosophy” cartridge, I stamped my sentiment, colored it with my Sweet Leaf marker, then used a piercing tool to make holes all around the edge of the shape. I did this to create more interest and texture. I could have just as easily inked the edges, or distressed them with a distressing tool or the edge of my scissors. I then attached the piece to my card with 3D Foam Tape. I used the Border Punch to create a fun scallop with the Teal Shimmer Trim. Admittedly, this was a little difficult, as the adhesive from the back of the Shimmer Trim, even unexposed, kept causing the piece to stick to the punch. But I was able to, very carefully, get this piece to use on my card. It added exactly what I needed for the card to be “finished”.

I really hope that you take some time to look over the NEW Spring-Summer 2014 Idea Book. In addition to “Ariana” and “Lollydoodle”, there are five additional NEW “My Reflections” sets to choose from – “Skylark”, “Ivy Lane”, “Balloon Ride”, “Jubilee”, and “Timberline” – all of which are fun and versitile! And don’t miss the introduction of the NEW “Picture My Life” Scrapbooking Program. You will LOVE this for your quick, easy, no muss-no fuss scrapbooking, but also for incredibly gorgeous card-making! Oh yeah! Tune in next week when I post the first of two sets of cards created using 3” x 4” cards from the “Skylark Picture My Life” program. You are going to love it!

1 comment: