Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Picture My Life™ – In Cards! Part 2


This week I am showing you three more cards that I created using Close To My Heart’s newest scrapbooking program, “Picture My Life” (PML). These cards are, of course, fantastic for creating fast and easy scrapbooks, but being a card-maker at heart, I discovered that they are just as fun and easy to use for cards! So here are the second three cards I made - I’ll start by showing you the PML card that I started with (from the Skylark set), then show you the finished greeting card:
This one was easy – it’s practically a card front on its own. All I had to do was give it a background...
I absolutely love the notepaper cuts from our Cricut cartridges, so I used the one from the Cricut “Artiste” behind the card (after matting the card with Chocolate cardstock). Then I covered my card base with fun paper from the “Lollydoodle” paper pack. To add interest, I adhered the notebook paper and PML card to the card front at an angle, trimmed off the excess, and embellished with a tiny strip of Bronze Shimmer Trim, some Durables Triangle Studs, and a couple of Sparkles from the Brown & Tan Assortment. Fast and easy! 

Here’s the next PML card I pulled out:
I love the dainty scrollwork in the upper-left corner. It immediately reminded me of a stamp from the “For A Friend” stamp set. So I stamped the “Handmade Just for You” image on the card, then added a little color to the leaves with my Sweet Leaf Exclusive Inks marker.
Behind the PML card, I used a strip of patterned paper from the “Ariana” paper pack, a strip of Gold Polka Dot Washi Tape (backed with White Daisy cardstock), and some Neutrals Baker’s Twine. Once I adhered the PML card to the card front, I embellished with a swirl and stud from the “Rosewood Mini-Medley Accents Collection”, and Sparkles from the Brown & Tan Assortment. I love being able to use all of these different products on one card!

The last PML card I chose was one of the 4” x 6” ones:
I trimmed it down, rounded the corners, and backed it with a piece of Sweet Leaf cardstock:
The papers I used on the card front are from the “Lollydoodle” paper pack. A sparkly strip of Teal Shimmer Trim and some faux stitching, courtesy of my Legacy Writer pen, and another finished card! I love how easy this is!!

Well, if this post and last week’s post does not inspire you to go to MY WEBSITE right now and order yourself a “Picture My Life” Scrapbooking Program, I don’t know what would. These cards are fantastic – whether you are scrapbooking or card-making!

No comments:

Post a Comment