Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Picture My Life(TM) - Not Just For Scrapbooking!

OK, by now you MUST have seen, or at least heard of, Close To My Heart's Brand New Scrapbooking Program called "Picture My Life™". This system allows you to put an entire album together in a flash with only your 4" x 6" and 3" x 4" photos, a journaling pen, and a corner rounder (optional). Every "Picture My Life" kit comes with 122 double-sided cards in 3" x 4" and 4" x 6" horizontal & vertical designs, 10 Memory Protectors™ in mixed designs, and a 12" x 12" cover page to bring it all together. The programs, of which there are eight different themes/designs, are designed to pair with approximately 100 photos, but you are free to use as few or as many as you like! This is truly a fun & FAST way to scrapbook your photos.

But what about us card-makers out there? Isn't there something we can do with the "Picture My Life" kits? You bet! In fact, I can't remember having as much fun making cards as I did when I made ones using "Picture My Life" cards. I made so many the first night that I decided to show them to you in two parts. I will show you the first three cards I created using the "Picture My Life" Program this week, and next week I will show you three more. OK - let's get started!

First, I will show you the "Picture My Life" card that I started with. I used all 3" x 4" cards. The "Picture My Life" Program that I have is "Skylark" (just so you know):
My first thought when I saw this card was, "What a perfect place for a sentiment!" So I took out my "Country-Born" and "Distressed Backgrounds" stamp sets, my "Ariana" paper pack (I noticed that the colors in this paper pack matched/coordinated really nicely with the Skylark PML cards), and my Honey, Sweet Leaf, and Whisper Exclusive Inks Markers, and made this:
All of the cards I created are 4.25" x 5.5". See how perfectly the "Picture My Life" card fits right into the finished card? Oh, we're just starting to have fun! The next card I picked out was this one:
Again, I'm thinking perfect spot for a sentiment! This time I pull out my "Lollydoodle" paper pack, my "Word Balloons" stamp set (from the Cricut "Artiste" Collection), and my Juniper Sparkle & Shine Washi Tape (no longer available) to create this monochromatic masterpiece:
Look at how beautifully those colors blend together! You'd think they were made for each other. How fun! The third card I chose was this one:
I saw this card and thought the empty space in the upper left would make the perfect home for an embellishment - or focal point. I decided to create an accordion flower with paper from the "Ariana" paper pack, and give it a flashy center from the Rosewood Mini-Medley Accents Collection. I used another pattern from "Ariana" behind the card, as well as some Teal Shimmer Trim:
Nice, right? As a final touch of bling, I outlines the "Picture My Life" card with Stickles.

Well, that's it for now. But come back next week when I'll show you three more ways you can use these awesome "Picture My Life" cards in your cards!




1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Michelle, to use those cards to make cards! LOVE the outcome!!

    ReplyDelete