Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Just Because - Challenge 5

It's time once again to pick a challenge from my "Just Because" canister. Today I drew this slip: "Use a color scheme for a card or page taken from a Pinterest board about clothing." Well, that sounds like fun! Now all I have to do is NOT get sucked into spending all day browsing Pinterest (so hard to do)!

OK, there were so many different color schemes to choose from, I decided to pick one that was "outside my box" (more of a challenge!). Here is the pin that I chose:


To me, this ensemble says Close To My Heart's "Buttercup, Chocolate, and Sky". I decided to use a brand new stamp set from CTMH's Autumn-Winter 2013 Idea Book, "All The Details", because I've been dying to use it! I flipped through the Idea Book for inspiration on a card design, and came upon one of the cards from the "Workshops on the Go Frosted Cardmaking Kit" on page 69. Here is what I came up with:


Cute! The only things I added were a Sky "stamp" of "Washi tape" from the "Washi Wonder" stamp set (a Hostess Exclusive!), two "Sparkles", and some hand-drawn stitching.

Coincidentally enough, the projects posted on Jeanette Lynton's blog today also feature the "All The Details" stamp set! You can check them out here: www.jeanettelynton.com

How have you challenged yourself today?


No comments:

Post a Comment