Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fun Mini Album with Cricut Artbooking!

You heard me say it - my next project was going to be one of the ten mini albums included on Close To My Heart's "Artbooking" Cricut Cartridge. It wasn't hard to choose which one once I saw the album that Consultant Sarah Stone from sarahstonecreations.blogspot.com had done at Convention this year! I instantly fell in love with the pictures that she posted! I found the base pages for the album on pages 42 and 43 of the Artbooking handbook - it's the 7" x 5" Top Secret Mini Album.

Now, this album has all of its own embellishments that are custom sized and pre-programmed into the Cricut to cut just right, so you only have to set your dial size once, and all of the pieces cut the size they need to be. However, this album uses TONS of different cuts from the entire cartridge. It's a tiny sampling of what you will find on the cartridge, but a fun, eclectic mash-up of shapes and textures. I also used some My Stickease from various collections to embellish with, as well as some stamps to embellish & create patterns with. The main colors used throughout are Whisper, Topiary, Black, Honey & Lagoon.

Once you have your base pages cut and folded, line them up and poke holes down the center spine and sew together (I used embroidery floss):
I decided to do my album as a "Year in Review", and I could not be more thrilled with how it turned out! Here is the finished product!



Could you just die?! This is the cutest, most fun album I have ever done. It was so cool to break outside the 12" x 12" "Memory Protector" box. I invite you to do the same...but you'll need the Cricut "Artbooking" cartridge to make an album as cool as this! Order your on my website at funforyou.ctmh.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment