Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Just Because - Challenge 4

I hope everyone is enjoying doing their own challenges! I am having a blast with these. If you still haven't downloaded your list of challenges, you can do so HERE.

My next challenge was this: "Go to www.jeanettelynton.com and recreate the first thing you see using what you have on hand." Well, the first thing I saw was a long list of photos taken from CTMH events in Austrailia, so I kept going. Then there was a video, then there was this:

This is a card submitted to CTMH by Consultant Carolyn Stout. This is cool, because I have the stamp set she used for the background strips ("Distressed Backgrounds"), and I was pretty sure the tag and "ticket" cuts were from the "Art Philosophy" cartridge, which I also have. Ok then - let's get to work!

I decided that I wanted to brighten things up a bit, so where I did recreate the background pattern, I did it with a rainbow of colors instead (Cranberry, Sunset, Honey, and Pear). The tag I cut from Pacifica cardstock.

Now all there was left to do was stamp and assemble. I ended up using the "Thank You" Mini stamp (which I stamped in Black) and a stamp from "Love Life" (which I stamped in Pacifica) for my focal point. I did not have the stamp that Carolyn used. Voila!

Since my sentiment didn't fit across the width of the ticket, I also changed the orientation of the card from portrait to landscape. Nice.

You could also challenge yourself to jump onto Pinterest or your favorite craft blog and recreate the first thing you see - how fun! Until next time!



1 comment:

  1. Great Card Michelle. You have a good eye with your colors. Your customers are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete