Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Just Because


Today’s post begins a series that I’m calling my “Just Because Challenges”. The reason for this is that when I created the My Creations Kraft Container during the online Pajama Party on May 30th, I used the sentiment “just because” on the front (mainly because I didn’t have the stamp set that they were using!). During the Pajama Party, they gave us a PDF file that had 3 pages worth of idea prompts on it to print, cut out, and put inside the Kraft Container. Then, when you’re in a slump or at a loss for a creative idea, just pick a prompt out of the container – and do it!


So, I decided to take the challenge and post my results. The very first slip of paper I pulled out read, “Create a page of WHY you are a CTMH Consultant!” Wow. Already this was going to be interesting for me because I do all of my scrapbooking with Studio J online – creating a page with paper and printed photos is something I haven’t done in a long time. I guess that is the point of these prompts! Therefore, after thinking about my “why”, the first thing I did was break open CTMH’s “Make It from Your Heart – Volume 1”. I found just what I was looking for on page 29 – the “In Focus” layout pattern. Since I was only doing a one-page layout, I used the left side of the pattern. Then I pulled out my “For Always” paper pack because I knew my photos had some bright colors in them, and “For Always” is all black & white.


From that point on, it was just a matter of following the diagram in the book! It came together really quickly. I embellished with some white paint brushed onto the edges of the page, some Opaques Pearls, and the corner of a frame from the “Life’s Framework” stamp set stamped in White Daisy. I really like how it came out! And I just love the photo of me and my upline, Linda, from last year’s Convention – it was such a blast! Here’s my finished page:


Journaling: “I originally joined the Close To My Heart family because I couldn’t find inks to match the colors of my papers. I had been to a CTMH party, and knew that their papers and inks all coordinated, so I bit the bullet and ordered a ton of inks. The consultant that I ordered them from suggested that I become a consultant to get the discount, if I was going to be ordering a lot. So, being that I was now at home with my 1-year-old son, I did it - I signed up. Three months later, I went to my first Convention in Salt Lake City. It’s been 11 years and 5 Conventions later, and I still love it. I am a CTMH consultant for the products (and discount!), the artistic outlet, the friends I’ve made, the excitement I feel when introducing new products and artwork and teaching new techniques, and Convention! It is just so much FUN, I wish I could go every year!”


That was fun! I can’t wait to choose my next challenge! If you’d like to join in the fun, here’s where you can find the Creative Prompts file: CREATIVE PROMPTS

No comments:

Post a Comment