Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Just Because - Challenge #2

Welcome to the next installment of my "Just Because Challenges". The second challenge that I pulled from my Kraft Container was this: "Cut a 3" circle from cardstock and layer with random embellishments to create an eclectic cluster to add to a page or the center of a card." Well, that's interesting. I can't say that I've ever done that before - but that's what these challenges are all about, right?! So, I cut my 3" circle from a piece of clear embossed grey cardstock from the Dream Pop Paper Pack. Then I just grabbed a bunch of random items from my stash that I had not previously used:


I grabbed a lot, and 3" really isn't a lot of real estate, so I dwindled it down to the following embellishments:



I used the "My Stickease - Pemberley", "Glamour Glitter Alphabet", "Color-Ready Evergreen Cork Shapes", "Button Assortment - Black", and a left-over frame from the "Workshop on the Go - Advent Calendar" (Autumn-Winter 2012 Idea Book). Here's what I ended up with:


Now all I had to do was figure out how to use it on a card. SO, I grabbed my handy-dandy "Wishes Card Confidence Program" and perused the "quick reference" to try and find a pattern that might use a 3" circle. Low & behold, there was one - the "Medallion" pattern on page 52 was just what I was looking for. After following the pattern and accompanying full-color photograph, I created this:


Since I had used the "Pemberley" My Stickease, I used a patterned paper from the Pemberley Paper Pack in the background. Some black, Ruby, and Saddle cardstock later, along with a touch of Black Shimmer Trim, and voila - an "eclectic" card! Fun! Tune in next week for some BIG reveals from the BRAND NEW Autumn-Winter 2013 Idea Book!!! I can't wait to show you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment