Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me...More Cards!

As promised, I have a few more cards to show you that I created with the "Home of the Brave" stamp set - which is STILL AVAILABLE, by the way! I hope that after seeing all of the fun ways you can use it, you will decide to purchase a set for yourself. A portion of the sales of this stamp set go to the USO supporting our troops. Head over to my website to order one today! Ok, here's what I've got for you today:

I really like the way this one turned out. I used patterned paper from the "Tommy" paper pack (red w/anchors) and the "Dakota" paper pack (blue pin-stripe). I stamped the card base with "We The People" in second-generation Outdoor Denim ink, and also stamped the stars onto the red border strip. The "Pieced Together" pattern for the card came from the "Wishes" Card Confidence Program (pg.34).

I just HAD to do a circle card, because I LOVE circle cards! This one is also from "Wishes", called "Simple Statement" (pg. 11). I used Smokey Plum, Topiary, and Outdoor Denim for colors, and accented the fireworks with a bit of Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel. Fun!

I really love the Statue of Liberty image - it's so iconic. So, I used it again for this card - the modified pattern for which came out of the "Originals Card Confidence Program", entitled "Tag Trio" (pg. 108). I stamped the Statue image three times - without reinking my stamp. The result is three images in a progressively lighter shade - referred to as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-generation. I also added some Opaques between each matted image.

I hope this inspires you to use your "Home of the Brave" stamp set - or to purchase one if you haven't already! Next week, I am beginning a series based on the Big Picture Scrapbooking Pajama Party project - do you remember it? We decorated a My Creations Kraft Container, and filled it with idea inspiration provided by Big Picture Scrapbooking. If you didn't get them, here's a link to the PDF: IDEA PROMPTS
Just print them out, cut them up, and place them in the container. Then draw one at random and do what it says! I will be starting that next week. Until then, stay cool & keep stampin'!


1 comment: