Monday, May 23, 2011

More Artwork to Inspire!

Nothing inspires me more than seeing gorgeous handmade, hand-stamped cards. And I was truly inspired at the last all-day crop I attended. Judi Dugas, a Stampin' Up Consultant who had brought lots of gorgeous cards to sell, was the source of my inspiration. More specifically, a card that she had done with a floral embossing folder, a die-cut/embossed butterfly, and a stamped sentiment. So classically simple, yet so gorgeous and fun!

From that moment on, I spend the bulk of my time re-creating this one card - in twelve different colors, each with a different sentiment. My goal was to create an everyday-greetings gift set to give to my mother for Mother's Day (she loved it, by the way!). So without further ado, here is my complete set of butterfly cards:





Gorgeous, right? Here's one close-up so you can see the detail:




I had so much fun making these cards! I then made a coordinating bird card as the Mother's Day card that I gave to my mom:





Oh, yeah - I was inspired alright! I made a few other cards while I was there as well:

This card uses an embossing folder also (Swiss Dots), as well as Close To My Heart's "Salutation Seals" stamp set.



Here's a card using the "Enjoy the Moments" stamp set from CTMH.


And this card was the Stampin' Up Make & Take that we did - it's so much prettier in person! Thank you, Judi!

Well, that's all I have to share from that day. What inspires you? I hope these cards inspired you to have fun & start creating! I would absolutely LOVE to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment