Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Say Goodbye to Studio J

This is a sad, sad month for me. Close To My Heart has announced that they will be discontinuing their Studio J® online scrapbooking program, which has been the only way I have scrapbooked for the last several years. I know that without it, I will not get nearly the amount of scrapbooking done that I have in the past - if any at all. They are ending the program for good on April 30th, or when their photo paper runs out...so it could be sooner!

Knowing this, I scrambled to get some layouts done last month. Our family traveled to Niagra Falls last summer, and late in the summer, I had a catastrophic hard-drive failure, causing me to lose months of photos that had not been backed up. I was, and still am, devastated, being that our Niagra trip was one of the sets of photos that I lost...or so I thought. Come to find out, months later, I discovered that all of the Niagra photos were still on my husband's camera! Alleluia! So, after backing them up in 3 different places, I wanted to make sure I got them scrapbooked as well. Studio J to the rescue! I thought I would share just a few of my favorite layouts:







I love the fact that I can now add photo wells and/or rotate existing photo wells to suit the orientations of my photos - you could never do that before!

I love everything about Studio J - I have had so much fun with it over the years, and am so sad to see it go. Hopefully I will get a chance to squeeze just a few more layouts into this month before their paper runs out!

Thank you, Studio J and CTMH, for giving me the tools to record my memories - I never would have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment