Thursday, April 21, 2016

Emboss Resist - A Second Look

I know that I have done a blog post before on the technique of Emboss Resist, but after getting my hands on the April Stamp of the Month, "Life in Pictures", I just couldn't "resist" doing it again! (See what I did there?) This incredibly fun stamp set lends itself to ir-resist-ible focal images, as well as diverse and retro-feel backgrounds.
I urge you to pick this one up! Here's what I did with it - just the first of many!

Emboss Resist:
Step 1 - Gather your materials.
You will need your stamp, a clear embossing ink (like VersaMark), clear embossing powder, your card, scrap paper to catch your excess powder on, as well as a heat tool and, later, sponge daubers, ink, and a paper towel or tissue.

Step 2 - Ink your stamp.
Step 3 - Stamp image onto front of card. I stamped the image multiple times down the left side.
Step 4 - Sprinkle/pour embossing powder over the stamped image(s). Make sure all stamped areas have been covered. (Tap excess powder off onto the scrap paper when all of the image has been covered, and pour powder back into original container.)
Step 5 - Emboss. Hold heat tool above image and slowly move back & forth until you see the powder start to melt and turn clear. Move the heat tool around the entire image, small areas at a time, until the entire image has melted and turned clear.
Step 6 & 7 - Apply Ink. Now comes the fun part. Now we are going to make the image "pop" from the page by adding color with ink. First, ink up a sponge dauber with your choice of ink. I chose "Slate" for my first color. You don't have to use more than one color, but for this example, I chose to use two.
Next, using a circular motion, apply the ink to the cardstock. As you do, the embossed image "magically" appears - and resists the ink that you are applying!
Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for any other colors you may be using. (My second color is Sapphire.)
Step 8 - Wipe off excess ink. You can really brighten up your image by wiping it with a paper towel or tissue after you have finished inking.
Step 9 - Complete your card!
I absolutely LOVE this stamp set - it brings me back "to the good ol' days"! I can't wait to use it some more...in fact, I think I will do that right now. Thank you for reading & have and ir-resist-ible evening!

****Purchase your "Life in Pictures" stamp set during the month of APRIL ONLY for $17.95 or ONLY $5.00 with a $50 purchase. Shop on my website at http://funforyou.ctmh.com.****









No comments:

Post a Comment