Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Just Because - Challenge 7

Well, I actually managed to get this posted on Wednesday - yea! It's almost over, but it is still Wednesday! Ha! The challenge I drew from my "Just Because" Kraft Container was this today: "Journal on this topic: Do you know the reason you were given your name? If so, write about that and put it on a layout with a self-portrait." Well, I had to call up my mom and ask her how I got my name. I knew the part about being French, but I had no idea I was originally going to be "Monique"! (Evidently, my dad did not like that name at all.) Isn't it funny the everyday things we take for granted - things as simple as our names. Do you know how you got your name? If you don't, you should find out, if you can! And if you do know it, or when you find out, at least write it down, if not create a layout about it. Someday, your kids and their kids will thank you for it!

Here's the layout I created using a pattern right out of Close To My Heart's "Make It from Your Heart - Volume 1" and the "For Always" paper pack - my favorite! The title was cut from the "Artbooking" Cricut cartridge, using Cricut Craft Room to "weld" the letters together:


I encourage you to do a similar layout for your scrapbooks!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout, Michelle! Awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine you named Monique! Reminds me of the movie "Better Off Dead." I was almost a Jennifer or a Nathan.

    Love the layout and the pic of you & M! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete