Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I Vant To Bite Your Neck...Art!"

Halloween being a mere 3 days away, I thought it was only fitting to show you how to create your own Neck Art. Now, Neck Art is the creative genius of Scarlet Lime (they also have Watch Art & Trinket Art, but the Neck Art is the most fun & easiest!), found for sale at www.embellishonline.com under "Bead Art". I saw the kits they had for sale for $9.00 a piece, then watched the video tutorial on how to put them together, then thought, "I could do that so easily - for much cheaper!"

So, I am passing this information on to you! If you followed my last jewelry-making post, you know how to open a jump ring (easy enough). The only other thing you really have to know is how to create a loop at the end of your headpin - which is shown in the video tutorial as well, though I don't even wrap my wire around the pin, I just make a loop & snip it. You can do either. There are also links to more videos on how to wrap the headpin wire into a loop. That's all you need to create these gorgeous pieces of art that you can then clip onto any necklace you choose! (Note: Make sure when you buy the lobster clasps for the tops that you buy a fairly large size - that way it'll clip onto most any necklace.)

The beauty of this design is that you can use your favorite beads - and all your favorite colors! I kept mine monochromatic (all one color family), but you can mix colors any way you like. I couldn't stop making them! Here is what I've done so far:


I've done some with goldtone metals and some with silvertone - they're just so much fun! If you'd like to try them out, click on the following link to view the tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbyYVJfiMgg&feature=player_embedded

Then head out to Michael's, grab your favorite beads, some spacer beads, some headpins, some lobster claw clasps, and some jump rings and get started! Have fun!

1 comment: