Friday, October 29, 2010

"Ask The Masters" - Part 1

I am constantly asking myself, "What is it that people will want to gain/learn from reading my blog?" For a lot of people, the art of scrapbooking eludes them - to the point where their photos never get shown and their memories never get recorded. This is most certainly a shame, if not a crime, so I am going to start a series of questions & answers taken directly from the book, "Ask The Masters! Scrapbook Solutions from the Memory Makers Masters", edited by Darlene D'Agostino, copyright 2006. This will hopefully educate, inspire, and give you the confidence you need to start creating your own scrapbooks.

My first installment is a simple one - not related to design, composition, or technique - but by far, my favorite tip! "Master" Torrey Scott was asked, "Do you have a ritual, habit, or routine that you must practice before you begin scrapbooking?" And her reply, "I take off my bra. Seriously, I truly believe my bra cuts off the creative flow of energy at my solar plexus, thus preventing it from reaching my hands. So, OFF IT COMES! I also put on the most comfy clothes I can - either sweats and a T-shirt or jammies. I figure if I'm comfortable, my mind can focus on the art and not be otherwise preoccupied with my fidgeting body."

What great advice! I love it! It is hard to be inspired and uncomfortable at the same time! So before we get to all the nitty-gritty, let's all take off our bras and get into our jammies (and grab a bowl of M n' M's while we're at it)! Next time, I'll be sharing tips on how to make your focal photo really "pop"!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm all for that. I do that as soon as I get home from work. I like to be comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete