Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Celebrate with Cake!

There are so many occasions to celebrate with cake - birthdays, weddings, baby showers, and more. So why not a brand-new Stamp of the Month with the very same name! "Celebrate with Cake" is May's Stamp of the Month - and it's a fun one!
I absolutely LOVE being able to build and create your own images. So much to stack and color! I have been dying to use Close To My Heart's incredible "Picture My Life™" Gold & Silver Overlays on a card, so I did just that:
I began with color-blocking the base of the card with a piece of Pixie cardstock and a piece of Hollyhock cardstock. Then I cut one of the 4" x 6" Gold Overlays to size and used a spray adhesive to adhere the overlay on top of the colored cardstock. I loved it already! Then I stamped my cake, banner and sentiment. I colored the cake with CTMH's ShinHan™ markers, along with the Gold Metallic Marker. I also used the Gold Metallic Marker to outline both the card base and the piece of cardstock that the cake is stamped on. I cut out the banner and adhered it with 3D Foam Tape. So simple, yet so fun and festive! I can't wait to find other ways to use these overlays on cards - and, of course, in some pocket scrapbooking!

If you would like to create your own fun cards and scrapbooks with this month's Stamp of the Month, "Celebrate with Cake", go to my website at http://funforyou.ctmh.com to order online. It's just $17.95 or ONLY $5.00 with a $50 purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment