Saturday, April 18, 2015

Artfully Sent - Series Exploring the "W" Key

First, let me introduce you to the Cricut™ "Artfully Sent" Collection from Close To My Heart:
You get the Cricut Cartridge, with up to 700 images, three D-size stamp sets, and a full pack (24 sheets) of White Daisy 12" x 12" cardstock. Just as the "Artbooking" cartridge was designed for scrapbookers, the "Artfully Sent" cartridge is a dream-come-true for card-makers. There are five different types of cards that you can create: Pop-up, Scene, Sentiment, Sleeve, and Pocket (to compliment the "Picture My Life" scrapbooking system). I'm pretty sure that I will not get to all of these cards in my lifetime!

In the following series of blog posts that I will be doing, I will be showing you the five different card types by creating the cards using just one key - the "W" (and, yes, there is a full font included as well!). You will be blown away.

I will start with the first card on the page - the Pop-up card. Here is the "W" key page in the booklet:
For the Pop-up cards, you will use the entire top row - "Pop-up" and "Icon". The suggested cutting size is located in the lower-left corner of the image - for this card it's 5". The finished card will be 7" x 5". The fantastic thing about this cartridge is that you only have to set your dial size once - each coordinating piece will then be cut to the correct size for the card - unless you hit "Real Dial Size" on your machine.

The first panel is simply the card base (shown in dark orange). The second panel will have the "pop-up" box cut into it, and, in this case, a pretty branch and bird. This panel gets glued to the card base, save the "pop-up" box. The third panel is a sentiment for the inside of the card, and the fourth panel is the icon that will "pop-up" when you attach it to the "box" inside.

Since the front of this card is completely blank, I used the branch and bird shapes that were cut out of the inside panel to embellish the front, along with some washi tape, a sentiment, and "Puffies". Here is the front of my card:
And here is the inside:
Isn't this just the cutest thing?! I always loved pop-ups when I was a kid, so I am really loving being able to make cards that do the same thing - so fun & interactive! I used the "Pathfinding" Paper Packet from the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.

OK - that was just card number one! Wait until next week when we will look at the Scene card - you're going to love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment