Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Fun Way With One-Way!

On page 27 of the Close To My Heart Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book, there is a really cool stamp set called "One-Way Borders". I love both border and background stamps, but I knew I had to have this set when I saw the fantastic artwork pictured above it in the Idea Book. Once I received my "One-Way Borders", I got straight to work recreating those fun cards. Here are the cards as pictured in the Idea Book:
Aren't they cute & trendy? I couldn't wait to make my own! Of course, there are some cool cuts thrown in there from the Cricut "Artbooking" cartridge. Let's start with the "hello world" card. I decided that I wanted to change mine up a little bit and make it an autumn-themed card, so I went with "Give Thanks":
I used patterned paper from the "Surf's Up" paper pack, and two different colors of Baker's Twine on the side. The colors are Goldrush, Sweet Leaf, and Outdoor Denim. Size - 4.25" x 4.25"

Next is the "Text Me, OK?" card. That speech bubble is actually part of a stamp set...that I don't have. So, I found a speech bubble on the "Artbooking" cartridge to use instead. I backed in with a scrap piece of cardstock so you wouldn't be able to see through the letters. I did the same thing for the arrow cut into the frame, then I filled the space with Stickles glitter gel. Colors - Gypsy, Lagoon & Outdoor Denim. Size - 4.25" x 5.5".
Lastly, I created a "Wishing You Well" card using Outdoor Denim cardstock for the base, and patterned paper from the Chantilly Paper Pack. Size - 2.5" x 3.5". I also used some Sunset cardstock and a piece of our brand new Sparkle & Shine Washi Tape - available for a LIMITED TIME in a set of three different designs from the NEW Holiday Guide:
This was fun! I love recreating stuff that I see & love - even if I don't have the exact same materials that were used in the original. I'd love to see your recreated cards or scrapbook layouts from the new Idea Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment