Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Learn Something New Everyday

You've heard the expression, "You learn something new everyday." There are so many ways to do just that. The internet, in particular, contains a wealth of information ready to be absorbed (sometimes helpful and informative, other times...not so much). If you are a papercrafting and scrapbooking fan like I am, then I am sure you will enjoy this latest information resource, DailyCraftTV.com. This is a website chock-full of classes that you can purchase, for a minimal fee, that cover quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking (including photography), and papercrafting.

The class I decided to take was entitled "Expert Scrapbooking Advice, Tools, & Tips of the Trade" (http://www.dailycrafttv.com/videos/4013_expert-advice-tools-tips-of-the-trade/). I have been a big fan of Creating Keepsakes and Paper Crafts Magazines for a long time, so it was cool to take a class with contributors of those magazines. There were six different chapters covering these topics: adding color to your stamped images, using your scraps, altering die-cut letters, scrapbooking with household objects, altering chipboard, and using the color wheel to create color schemes. The class ran for just over and hour and a quarter and was a lot of fun to watch. There were lots of cool artwork samples throughout to "Oooo" and "Ahhh" over, and lots of great techniques that I am anxious to try out. I really loved the "Adding Color to Your Stamped Images" chapter (because I do a lot of stamping!), but I think my favorite section was the one on using your paper scraps - because I have a LOT of those!

Hopefully, DailyCraftTV.com will be adding more papercrafting classes in the near future (the classes listed under "Papercrafting" are actually all scrapbooking-based) - I will definitely be keeping my eye out for that. Of course, all of the techniques that I learned in the class I took today can be used in card-making and home decor projects as well, so it's all good!

Take a quick look at what they have to offer - you just might find yourself learning something new today!

No comments:

Post a Comment