Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Creative Chalk Techniques - Part 3

Hello, and welcome to the third and last installment of Creative Chalk Techniques! I had so much fun trying these cool methods - I hope you have, too! The last technique is almost identical to last weeks - just without the dry embossing. You will need cardstock, VersaMark ink (or equivalent clear embossing ink), multiple colors of chalk, and a means to apply the chalk (cotton ball, cotton swab, sponge, etc.) - and a stamp, of course. Start by stamping your image onto the cardstock with the VersaMark ink:
Then, using a sponge applicator (or whatever means you choose), apply different colors of chalk to the stamped image:
This is such a cool & soft effect - perfect for Easter & Mother's Day coming up! Here's the card I created with this technique:
Isn't it gorgeous?! I just love how this came out - and so much easier than trying to ink your stamp up with all of those colors of ink!

I hope you will give these techniques a try. Be sure to send me a picture of what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment