Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Just For Fun - Part 4

Happy New Year! I have made but one new-year's resolution this year - to try and be better at updating my blog! Time always seems to have a way of getting away from me, but I am going to do my best to make the time to update my blog once a week. There is a new Spring-Summer 2013 Idea book from Close To My Heart on the horizon, so there will be lots of new products, artwork and techniques to show you! I can't wait! So be sure to check back every week for new artwork & inspiration (I will be trying for the same day each week - when I know what day that will be, I will let you know!)

For now, let's check out some more artwork using CTMH products from the current Autumn-Winter 2012 Idea Book! First up - a terrific way to use up those scraps:

The patterned paper used on this card is from the "Clementine" Paper Pack. The paper was cut into leaf shapes using the Cricut "Art Philosophy" cartridge. The butterflies were also cut from the "Art Philosophy" cartridge. The sentiment is from the "Casual Expressions" stamp set. I love this stamp set because seven of the eleven sentiments have coordinating cuts on the Cricut "Artiste" cartridge - I just love not having to use my scissors!

This beautiful card was created with the Cricut "Artiste" cartridge - it's what's referred to as a "swing card". The Cricut cuts the card itself, with the "swinging" heart - all I did was stamp the "Love" stamp onto two cardstock hearts (also cut from the "Artiste" cartridge), and attach them to either side of the swinging heart. I then embellished the card with cardstock strips & pennants, a paper flower, and a button. So simple and so pretty!

In keeping with the love theme, let's move on to this adorable gift bag - also created with (you guessed it!) the Cricut "Artiste" cartridge. The scalloped borders were created using paper from the "Dakota" paper pack. The stamped images, from the "Cup of Cheer" stamp set, were stamped, colored, cut out, and adhered to the inside and outside of the bag's window. It's so cute!

The "Dakota" paper pack is a lot of fun to work with. I used it again on this gift box (cut from the Cricut "Artiste"), along with Blue Designer Ribbon, an Antiqued Gold button, and Square Durables Studs. The box has a window cut into the front which can be covered from the back with a clear or colored plastic, or you could place the contents of the box in a clear bag or tissue paper. But wait...there's more!

It's the "Dakota" paper pack again, only this time used to cover the "My Creations Memory Game". This item is a chipboard box, with a magnetic-closure top, which contains 24 3" x 3" chipboard squares. After covering the box with patterned paper and Durables Studs, I covered each of the interior squares (front & back) with 3" x 3" versions of my Studio J layouts! Can this get any cuter?! What a fantastic gift idea for grandparents! I got this idea from Convention last year - as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to do my own. It's easy since Studio J provides you with JPEG files of your layouts for you to print at any size you'd like! Love it!   OK, just one more little one....

I call this "tiny purse", mainly because that's exactly what it is. I didn't even bother to stamp or embellish these beyond the "pearl button" because I thought they were adorable just the way they were. I made these with the "Artiste" cartridge (surprise!) and used them as little incentives for booking a party with me. If you booked a party, you got to choose a "purse" which contains a slip of paper with a free gift written on it. The "latch" of the purse closes with Mini Hook & Loop Dots. I made larger versions of this purse for my daughter's book club members - they were pink or purple with black scissors on the front (cut from "Artiste") and contained barrettes, hair elastics, and a travel brush (the book was hair-salon themed). It's such a great idea for party goodie bags or gift bags to your best girlfriends (these mini-versions are perfect for those with American Girl dolls, too!)

So many fun ideas to try! If you have any questions about how to make any of these projects, don't hesitate to call or email me! Better yet, come to my next Card-Making Workshop on Sunday, January 13th from 1-4pm. The class fee of $7.50 is due by January 5th in order to reserve your spot! As an added incentive, attendees of this workshop will be the first to receive copies of the NEW CTMH Spring-Summer 2013 Idea Book, as well as creating on of the adorable treat tubes from this month's "Whoo's Your Valentine" National Papercrafting Month special kit! Call or email me ASAP to reserve your spot!

Happy New Year Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment