Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just For Fun - Last But Not Least!

Well, I am getting better! I almost made this blog post within a week of the last one - sooo close! But I'm working on it! Ok, let's get straight to the artwork, shall we? This is the last installment of artwork from my Open House...just five items left:

This "party popper", as well as its "rosette" and label, were cut from the Cricut "Artiste" cartridge. I cut it pretty large, though, so the running joke is that it looks more like a barbell than anything else (which is definitely true)! The stamped frame & sentiment came from one of the three stamp sets that you receive with the Cricut "Artiste" Collection. And the flashy silver "ribbon" is actually "Silver Shimmer Trim" - which is self-adhesive...nice. I love how making the base a neutral color - the gray - really makes the blue rosette "pop"!

Need a small gift box in a hurry? Make your own with the Artiste cartridge! I used the "Clementine" paper pack to create the "sleeve" of my box (the interior of the box slides into it). I wrapped it up with Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain ribbon, and finished it off with a pennant shape from "Noted Canvas Shapes", which I inked the edges of and stamped with a sentiment. Cute & easy - what more could you want?!

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw the card that I "card-lifted" this design from (most likely an issue of Paper Crafts Magazine), but as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to do it as a "boxed set"! For my version, I used shapes cut from - where else - the Cricut Artiste cartridge. The sentiments are from one of the stamp sets that comes with the cartridge, the bright "burst" is from another stamp set included with the cartridge, the library card stamped multiple times in the background is from the "Approved" stamp set, and the bird is from the "Merry & Bright" stamp set. Then each is finished off with a baker's twine bow. I love the monochromatic look of each card, and I especially love how bright, bold, and cheery they are as a group.

Oh, this was a cute and surprisingly easy project to put together. This is a mini-album that I did while at CTMH's Convention last summer. Here's why it was so easy - when you purchase the Cricut Artiste Collection, you not only get the cartridge and 3 stamp sets, you also get 3 sets of Dimensional Elements (chipboard shapes). One of these sets is the pages of this album. Amazingly enough, the cuts for each & every page in this album are also on the Artiste cartridge....Which means that in order to cover the pages with cardstock or patterned paper, you don't have to trace the chipboard pieces onto your paper and then cut them out - all you need to do is cut the shapes on the Cricut and BAM - perfectly shaped and sized pieces. I was so excited that I didn't have to trace & cut! So impressive! The patterned paper used in this project is from the "Avonlea" paper pack, and the stamp set is "Approved". What a great project to do in an afternoon!

As you must know by now, I like to save the best for last, and that is certainly, in my opinion, the case here! This is my favorite card ever (so far). A fellow consultant showed us this design at Convention, and I knew I was going to have to recreate it. I bought the Colonial White Rosette Ribbon for the sole purpose of making this card. The Rosette Ribbon is what makes up the "frosting" on this cupcake, while the paper "liner" uses a pattern from the "Clementine" paper pack (I also dry-embossed the vertical lines into the paper, then sanded them, to add more dimension and realism to the piece). This card, of course, as well as the banner and cherry, can be found on the Cricut Artiste cartridge (let me count the ways in which I LOVE that cartridge!). Top it all off with some Tan Sparkles, Dark Chocolate (or black) Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, and a Rhinestone Designer Brad, and you've got yourself a cupcake too sweet to eat (and too nice to give away)! Mmmm...now I'm hungry for cupcakes....

So there you have it! Next week I'll be able to show you the fantastic cards that we'll be creating this weekend at my Card-Making Workshop! Tune in on Wednesday (fingers crossed!) for those! Enjoy the weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment