Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Swipe Hype!"

I hope you are watching Close To My Heart's new online webisodes at www.mycraftchannel.com. If not, here is the link to the newest video, "Swipe Hype" (There used to be a link where I could embed the video in this post for you, but I couldn't find one this time - sorry!): SWIPE HYPE!

I just love this technique, and have used it before with gorgeous results. Let me share a card I did using the swipe technique:

 

This card goes back to January 2011, and uses the "You Are Beautiful" stamp set. Let's see if I can get in closer so you can see the "swipe" better:


It looks like I colored the flowers with a colored pencil, doesn't it? But I didn't. The stamp set is a base/shade set, where there is an outline stamp of the image, and then a solid stamp of the image to "fill it in". All I did was stamp my outline images, ink up my solid stamps, swipe light & quick across the surface of the ink pad, then stamp inside the outlines. I just love the results! I must admit, though, I have not tried the zig-zag or circular swipes that Monica talked about in the video - now I'm going to have to experiment! I just love using my stamps in new ways! Have fun doing the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment