Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Ask The Masters" - Part 2

In this second installment of "Ask the Masters", the Memory Makers Masters are addressing this question - "Seriously, I'm sick of the groaning involved with taking group shots. How can I make it more fun for everyone (myself included)?"

Well, if you're going to have great-looking scrapbooks, you want to start with great-looking photos, right? Here's what Kelly Goree has to say:

"Don't Pose Them: Who says faces in a group shot need to be staring directly at the camera with perfect grins? For many group shots, that is darn near impossible, especially when photographing small children." Unposed shots can show spunk & personality.

This is one of my favorite shots of my kids, and they weren't even looking at the camera:
 
And Diana Hudson suggests:

"Angle the Shot: OK, so this really might not make it more fun for those in the photo (promises of candy or money usually works), but it will lend a cool perspective to your shot!" A change in perspective might be just what your photo needs. Try shooting your group from above, from one side, or even from the ground up. You'll be amazed at the differences!

I had my kids lay on the floor for this photo:
Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment