Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fun With Color!

I love solid stamps. Every so often, I don't mind coloring outline stamps in, but for the most part, I am a stamp-n'-go kind of gal. I do, however, occasionally feel that straight solid stamping can be kind of flat, uninteresting, and boring. Well, we can't have that! Today I am going to show you one way in which you can spice up your solid stamps - with sponge daubers!

First, let's gather what we'll need: your stamp and acrylic block, Exclusive Inks colors (I used Sunset, Eggplant, Slate, and Fern), cardstock, and sponge daubers. I like to have a different dauber for each color, so as not to spoil the ink pad.
Next, use the sponge daubers to add the color to your stamp. It's usually best to start with your lightest color, then work your way to the darkest.
Once you are finished, your stamp could look something like this:
Since you've spent a little time sponging on all of these colors, odds are that the first color you put on may be a little "dry" at this point. So now we're going to perform "the huff" - just breathe on your stamp like you're trying to fog up a window. This will re-moisten the ink for stamping. Then just stamp your image on your cardstock.
The big reveal!
Cool, right?! You can have so much fun with this technique. Here is the card I made with this image:
I used very neutral patterned papers from the Nevermore Paper Pack (new!), along with Whisper cardstock (which I dry embossed with the Quatrefoil Embossing Folder), Sunset and Eggplant cardstock, and some Durables Triangle Studs.

Here's another card using the same stamp set (the September Stamp of the Month!!) with different colors:
How fun! September's Stamp of the Month - "Paper Garden" - is only available until the end of this month - then it's GONE! Get yours for $17.95 OR for just $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase. Have fun experimenting with this technique!







No comments:

Post a Comment