Monday, December 6, 2010

30 Random Christmas Questions


The following was posted in the Scrap Girls Newsletter for Monday, December 6, 2010, by Brandie Valenzuela. The responses to the questions have been changed, by me, to reflect my answers, instead of Brandie’s. Feel free to post your answers on my, or your own blog as well!

“Every so often, I get "tagged" to respond to a series of questions about myself. The person who sends it to me has their answers in it, and the instructions tell me to copy and paste the questions, remove their answers, and give my own answers.

I enjoy doing these, so I save them for when I have some spare time. Below are some Christmas questions that were recently sent to me, so I thought this would be a perfect time to answer them for the Scrap Girls Newsletter.”
  1. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. We tried real for a few years, but finally decided it wasn't worth the trouble... or the mess.
  1. When do you put up your tree and decorations? Usually the first weekend in December.
  1. When do you take the tree down? Roundabout the weekend after New Years.
  1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, definitely.
  1. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
  1. Favorite gift received as a child? That’s a tough one, being that I only remember what I’ve seen in old home movies. So I guess I will say a 3-story Barbie Townhouse.
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? If it can be wrapped, I’ll wrap it. If it’s just too awkward, or I don’t have a box to fit it, I’ll use a bag.
  1. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes – a porcelain one from Home Interiors that’s very special to me.
  1. Hardest person to buy for? My brother.
  1. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter.
  1. Favorite Christmas movie? I’m more of a Christmas special kind of gal (“Santa Claus is Coming to Town”, etc.), but I do like “The Santa Clause” and “A Christmas Story”.
  1. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Gosh, probably June or July – whenever I see something I know the kids will like. The only one I’m always still trying to shop for in December is my husband!
  1. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
  1. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Baklava (when my mother makes it!), candy cane cookies, and turtle cookies.
  1. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored (we have clear on the outside).
  1. Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells
  1. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course!
  1. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star (a hand-made paper one made by my son. We used to have a gorgeous angel tree-topper, but then we got a tree that was too tall to put it on.)
  1. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, but we sometimes open one on Christmas Eve.
  1. Candy canes? Well, for some reason we always have some hanging on the tree, but no one actually eats them!
  1. What I love most about Christmas? The kids’ excitement, being with family, watching Christmas specials, eating lots of goodies, and Christmas music.
  1. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening stockings first (in which everything is wrapped!), then going into the playroom, where the tree is, to open presents.
  1. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? He wraps them and puts them under the tree.
  1. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
  1. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually travel Christmas Eve, and try to stay home Christmas Day.
  1. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My fifth-grade teacher…the wretch.
  1. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We use colored lights, silver tinsel garland, and an assortment of ornaments we've collected through the years. We’ve got so many ornaments that we can’t even put half of them on the tree!
  1. Snow - Love it or dread it? Would love it on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Beyond that, I could definitely do without.
  1. Can you ice skate? Kinda-sorta…not really. I used to skate all the time when I was a kid…a very long time ago!
  1. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Definitely giving. But, hey, receiving can be pretty cool, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment